For many of us, wearing a saree is more than just fashion.
It has become a way of life that we can’t do without. But if you’re the type that loves the glamor and elegance that comes with a saree, you’ll know better than to just buy the next available saree you see.
There’s a lot of artistry and dedication that goes into making a very good saree. Whether it’s your first time or whether you’re a pro at this, this guide will help you learn new tips to help you get the best of your online saree shopping experience. Let’s get started!
Choosing the right style/fabric
There are a lot of things to consider when shopping for a saree.
Key among these includes the style of the saree and the fabric material. Both of these will also depend on a lot of other things that include your intended use of the saree (whether you need it for a casual outing, wedding, etc), the fabric material, your type of body, as well as your personal preferences. Here are a few bullet points you might consider here;
- Georgette, traditional silk sarees, and products of similar fabric materials are best for parties and special events.
- Cotton is much more breathable, breezy, and comfortable.
- Cotton sarees, as well as tissue-silk and organza sarees, are the best choice for petite body frames. Women with heavy body frames will find silk, georgette, and chiffon fabric much better.
- Fabric materials like chiffon, crepe, and georgette gives a great fall to sarees, making them look more elegant.
Ensure your saree fits nicely
It’s one thing to find the right saree. But the right saree may be almost useless if it doesn’t fit your body comfortably. If you’re buying from a local designer in your neighborhood, you might want to try the dress on to see if will fit your body.
This is is a different story if you’re shopping online, however.
Here at Fabricoz, our online system is designed to include a part where we take details of your measurement so your dress can be made-to-measure. Once we have your measurement, your dress will be made to fit your body frame nicely. Delivery is usually within two weeks and we deliver free to every state in the US and all over the world.
Buying from a reputable seller
We mentioned just how much work needs to go into making a great saree. This is why it’s important to buy your Indian dresses from reputable sellers as the quality of the designers will greatly influence the quality of the saree you’ll get.
If you’re buying online, positive reviews are important as the kind of reviews your seller gets will impact your overall experience.
- Are their negative reviews so much? This is a red flag!
- How good are their shipping and returns policy? Do they offer free delivery?
- How about their customer support?
All of these things are important so it’s important you shop with a credible and reliable outlet to ensure you not only get a great saree but an equally excellent shopping experience.
How much does a sari cost?
Now that you know the different styles and types of sarees and how they can fit into your personal needs, it’s also important to consider pricing when shopping for sarees.
It’s not uncommon to see a saree for 2000 rupees in a corner market.
But you should be ready to pay much for a saree of great quality. The best sarees start from about 5,500 rupees or $75. Other factors such as thread work, zari, stitched work, embroidery, and embellishments, among other things, can further jack up the prices.
You should expect to pay anything from $75 for a decent saree. Depending on the fabric, and all of the other factors we mentioned, a saree of desirable quality and design can set you back around $100, slightly more or less.
Different types of sarees
Perhaps you don’t know that even the saree is a very versatile dress.
There are different ways to style your saree. You can do a lehenga saree, dhoti saree, saree with pants, saree with a belt, twisted pallo saree, front pallo saree, and much more.
And aside from the multiple styles, you can try; sarees themselves come in a variety of types. These can include;
- Embroidered sarees with embroidery work, rich brocade, colors, and embellishments. These are the favorite for Indian brides and are great for weddings, festivals, and other big events.
- Plain sarees without embroidery. They are great for a minimalistic look and perfect for casual outings.
- Banarasi sarees made from rich banarasi silk.
- Bandhani Saree made from hand-dyed fabric and a meticulous tie-and-dye process.
- Zari embroidered saree with intricate zari embellishments.
- Mirror embroidered saree featuring beautiful mirror work embroidery that makes the wearer flashy and glittery.
- Zardosi saree often made from velvet, silk, and satin fabric featuring zardosi embroidery done with gold, pearls, beads, seeds, etc.
Where can I buy a saree online?
Now that you know just how important it is to buy your saree from a reputable seller, you’re probably wondering where exactly you can look to get your next saree.
We boast solid experience in retail along with robust expertise in Indian ethnic fashion design. Over time, we’ve become the destination of choice for local Indian women, Desi aunties, and lovers of Indian fashion across the world. And our experienced craftsmen and designers are ever ready to help meet your style needs and expectations.
The process leading up to buying your saree is important.
You need to tick the boxes at the right places so you don’t end up with a poorly done or ill-fitting saree. The tips above will help guide you in the right direction. And when you finally take delivery of your saree, you can then complete your outfit with the right jewelry and accessories so you can look very much like the Indian queen that you are!
- Fantastic Long Hair Style Boys | Long Hairstyles For Men - June 25, 2022
- Which Parts of the Body Can You Wax? - May 31, 2022
- T-Part Lace Wig vs Traditional Lace Wig: Which Is Better for You? - May 27, 2022